The 12 point agreement is a term that has gained popularity over the years in the political and socio-economic spheres. It is a series of 12 principles that guide the relationship between the central government of India and the Naga territories. The agreement was signed on August 3, 2015, and has since then been a topic of discussion among various groups.
The 12 point agreement is a significant step towards resolving the long-standing issue of the Naga insurgency, which has affected the region for decades. The agreement outlines various measures that aim to restore peace and stability in the area. These measures include a commitment by the central government to:
1. Recognize the unique history, culture, and identity of the Nagas.
2. Grant special provisions to the Naga people, such as the right to self-governance, land ownership, and the preservation of their traditions and customs.
3. Create a separate Naga territorial council that will have significant administrative and financial powers.
4. Allow the Naga people to have a separate flag and emblem.
5. Create an autonomous Naga police force.
6. Grant the Naga people the right to manage their own affairs, including the use of resources in their regions.
7. Formulate a policy to ensure equal development and growth in all regions of Nagaland.
8. Invest in infrastructure projects that will boost the region`s economy.
9. Create employment opportunities to reduce poverty and unemployment among the Naga people.
10. Promote tourism in the region.
11. Reform the educational system to suit the cultural and linguistic needs of the Naga people.
12. Create a conducive environment for peace talks and negotiations with other Naga factions.
The 12 point agreement is a significant achievement in the history of the Naga insurgency. It marks the first step towards resolving the issue that has affected the region for decades. The agreement has brought hope and optimism to the region, and many people believe that it will lead to lasting peace and stability.
In conclusion, the 12 point agreement is a set of principles that aim to restore peace and stability in the Naga territories. It outlines various measures that the central government of India will undertake to recognize the unique identity of the Naga people and grant them special provisions. The agreement is a significant step towards resolving the issue of the Naga insurgency and has brought hope to the region.